News from Edinburgh North Police
Police patrols continue in the West Pilton and surrounding areas. This week the following results have been achieved:
* 62 persons stopped and searched.
* 14 persons arrested or reported
* Male arrested on two warrants relating to domestic abuse
* 2 pedal cycles have been recovered, valued at £2000
* Male charged with breach of the peace after causing ASB in the area
* Male charged with supplying controlled drugs with £330 drugs recovered.
* Fireworks seized from 5 youths in West Pilton
* Male stopped and searched, found with heroin
* Male found in possession for NPS.
* Following pursuit of stolen car a male made off and was traced hiding nearby. Was then charged with Housebreaking offences after stolen property found in the car.
* Bail conditions enforced and a male charged for failing to adhere to conditions.
* Two drivers charged with driving un-roadworthy vehicles
* A female c/c with possession of cannabis.
Chief Inspector Sara Buchanan said: “This action highlights our continued commitment to the West Pilton community and we will be working further with our partner agencies to improve the quality of life for local residents, tackle the issues at the heart of the community and build a #StrongerNorth”