The Board of NEN meets on a regular basis, the most recent meeting being on 7 August. We thought readers might be interested in a brief summary of discussions and decisions. This is what we discussed and agreed:
- There has been some correspondence with the printer regarding the timing of payment. We agreed to look at alternatives.
- We discussed the financial position and agreed that it was vital to step up efforts to increase income. There was a report on a few outstanding debts, but we are hopeful of a positive outcome regarding payment. We agreed to send the accounts for the year ending 31 March 2012 to the auditor in time for reporting back at the AGM.
- We noted that Pilton Central Association had agreed to sponsor the August edition of the paper, for which we are extremely grateful. We hope a few more bodies will come forward to offer the same support!
- We agreed that we will publish bi-monthly while new pursuing new sources of income.
- We agreed to deliver more papers door to door this month, particularly in the Stockbridge area. Other areas in Inverleith will be targeted in the future. Community drops will continue.
- There was an update on the social media course, which is being funded by the Inverleith Neighbourhood Partnership. This is about to get off the ground at Stockbridge Library (see elsewhere on this blog for further information). This will give training to interested local people, who wish to get to grips with Twitter, facebook, blogging etc. in order to provide us with news items in the future.
- AGM – we agreed to hold this on 27 September at 7pm in Drylaw Church. All interested people are welcome. There will be an update on where the NEN is just now and where we hope to be in the future.
- The next Board meeting is 24th September.