- Check where you should vote. Details of your local polling station will be on your poll card or are available from the online maps. If you have not received it or are unsure of where to go call: 0131 200 2315. Polling stations will be open from 7am – 10pm.
- Bring your poll card with you to the polling station, it may speed things up. But don’t worry if you don’t have it, you can still vote without it.
- Remember that this year you vote using numbers instead of using an X. Just put a 1 next to your first choice, a 2 next to your second choice, a 3 next to your third choice and so on. You can choose how many candidates to number from one, to as many as you would like.
- If you’re unsure of how to complete your ballot paper, a member of staff will be able to help you. You can also watch a video of Victor the Voter, who can show you how.
- If you applied for a postal vote, make sure it is returned by 10pm on Thursday 3 May. If you have left it too late to post back, you can drop it off at your local polling station or at the City Chambers on the High Street or to reception at the Council Headquarters on East Market Street.
City of Edinburgh Council
Posted in: North Edinburgh News